Hike Bike Run Feel and Experience
The Sufi Trail
cyling in Turkey on the Sufi Trail
The Sufi Trail is suitable for touring cyclists, long-distance cyclists and world travellers. Bikepackers can cycle with mountain bikes on the hiking Trail or with trekking and city bikes on the asphalt roads. We have put a lot of effort into creating a low traffic route with historical sites and natural scenery.
The Sufi bike trail divers in some sections from the Sufi Hiking Trail. The distance is approximately 800 km and for an average cyclist, it will take two weeks to complete the Sufi Bike Trail from Istanbul to Konya. In most city’s there are bike repair shops, a list will be available soon. Bikepackers with their tent can always ask the Muhtar (village head) for permission to place their tent in little villages. The cities in Turkey aren’t particularly orientated on camping sites.
For accommodation, we have a complete list ready for members. You can join the Sufi Trail with the Sufi Trail starters pack in our webshop. Sufi Trail members are eligible for individual WhatsApp support.
Experiences on the Sufi Bike Trail | The future of the Sufi Bike Trail
Since 2019 we welcome people who like to cycle with us on their own bikes or if needed we can provide information on good cycling tracks away from the busy roads.
The hiking Trail is always close to the cycling route, and we will develop the trail such that sand and dirt roads will be good enough for trekking bikes.
We hope to meet you on our next adventure on a bike!
Whatsapp & mobile:
Iris Bezuijen: +31 6 440 447 90
Currently there are no route updates.
How to get there
Here we will tell you how to get there and how to go back home.
GPX/KML files are available with guidebooks and a digital package with your Sufi Trail starters pack including Sufi Trail Parandeh passport.
The first impression of the Sufi Trail is easy to hike and cycle, but soon you realize there are also difficult parts. Many Sufi trail guardian angels and the very hospitable Turkish people help and encourage you to continue and finish your pilgrimage to Rumi. You enjoy nature, architecture, and spiritual sights on the Sufi trail.
Big Bike News
Davide Travelli had cycled the world and made a 5-star production of the Sufi Trail hiking and biking route. The dirt roads are perfectly captured by Davide in 5 parts you can view them on YouTube and get ready to GO!
Read the three Sufi’s on the Bike trail || Bike travel story from Istanbul to Bilecik
Bike travel story from Istanbul to Bilecik | Tom Schimmel story in Belgian magazine “Op Weg”
Caravan inspiration14 days cycling Sufi to Konya, Mevlana Rumi's shrinecycling caravan Every year in autumn we cycle with a group of cyclists from Yalova to Konya. After the Sufi Trail, we cycle on the Mecca Trail from Konya onwards. If you are joining, this page will...
With great pleasure, we share the cycling report of Matjaž Dolenc the first cycling group on the Sufi Trail...
We are Audrey and Eloy! Together for more than 13 years, sometimes nearby, sometimes far from each other. Both of...
Early in the dark shimmering of the Istanbul morning glow, we gathered around IDO ferry port at Yenikapi. Güneş...
Just a little overview of the journeys we were so lucky to have had already: 2016 Iris and Sedat explore for the first time 2017 We mark with Huseyn Sari from the Phrygian Trail 2018 From Emirdag to Konya, with Joke, Leendert, Erhan and Marianne 2019 We cycle with...
Hello Sufi Trail lovers, My name is Günes, and I’m the editor of the Turkish edition of Sufi Trail guide book. Between 8-15 June 2019, we had a lovely Sufi Bike Tour from Yalova to Bilecik. This was my first long distance bike tour and now looking back I realize there...
SUFI TRAIL 14 NIGHTS SELF GUIDED TOUR ISTANBUL-KONYA
New by Istanbul on Bike & Sufi Trail: Sufi Trail Self-guided bike tour Sufi Trail Bike Package
- Passport: The Sufi Trail Passport is part of the Sufi Trail membership. It includes a full membership rate for the first year, a registration fee and Sufi Trail Parende certificate GPX tracks
- PDF booklet of the accommodation and contact list ( including bike repair shops and emergency contact numbers)
- Email and WhatsApp support before and during your Sufi Trail
- Sufi Trail Parende certificate
- A printed version of Sufi on Bike guidebook
- T-shirt designed by Merel van Essen with the Sufi Trail logo
- Sufi Trail Cap with Embroidered Logo
- PDF road map 1:100.000 Scale
PRICES / PER PERSON
TOUR PACKAGE: €795 (per person) Including SUFI TRAIL PACKAGE TOTAL PRICE: €795
20 % of the amount of the Tour Package and Sufi Trail package should be paid in advance at the time of booking
The rest of the amount should be paid upon your arrival in cash
Sufi Trail Package Payments are non-refundable
- Airport Transfers in Istanbul
- Bike package storage and logistic services in Istanbul
- 14 Nights Accommodation, Breakfast & Breakfast (1 homestay)
- Istanbul to Yalova ferry tickets
- Call centre for emergency
- The average daily bike ride will be approx. 80 km ( max. 108 km; min. 57 km)
- Transportation from Konya to Istanbul (Bus, Train or Flight)
- Transfer services in Konya
- Guided Walking and Bike Tours
- Bosphorus Cruise
- Whirling Dervishes Live Show and Exhibition
- Turkish Night Show with folkloric dances
- Turkish Hamam Experience